Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lib sings the blues



Ok. So this project was my goal for JUNE Make it, Wear it Sew along from Sew, Mama, Sew. Yes, it is mid-July. I tried, really. But didn't make the deadline. Still love the skirt!

Here's the beauty, though. The classic A-line skirt seems to be my go-to skirt. I've really enjoyed Sew What! SKIRTS by Francesca Denhartog & Carole Ann Camp in the past and thought I'd give it another try. This time: Singing the Blues.

These days, I work (sew) in 30 minute chunks. Putting this skirt together was fast and fun - my best combination, these days at least. I can't recall where I picked up the fabric but is ever so cheery. I really love the rick rack pocket. A drawstring skirt is not the most flattering from behind. A little 'sack-like', if you know what I mean. But hey, it's a perfect addition to my summer wardrobe.

Flips are optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment