Angela from The Artists' House started A Crafty Holiday blog - a hop of sharing the handmade love as we think, plan, and enjoy the holidays. I've enjoyed looking at everyone's wish lists of handmade items. Joining this group has been inspiring and motivating. It takes a few more moments to pause and actually think about what people in my life would like what. It makes the gift-giving a bit special, instead of standard gifts for the sake of giving. I want my family's gifts to me an extension of our thoughts - I am thankful for having you in my life. What better way than discovering a talented individual who, although you don't know personally, spent their precious time, creating something for your someone. with love, of course. I don't think it gets better than that, really.
My virtual shopping list:
For my husband -
To add to his growing Kennedy collection, a JFK print by squibb.
For my son -
A giant checkerboard set from porchswingafghans for game night on the porch. I'm drooling over the detail in this afghan.
For my daughter -
Who dreams about the 'croissant moon' while adoring her Hello Kitty friend. A sweet necklace to remember this stage in her world by LillyEllen.
A few items for me, should anyone ask.
- A poppy embroidered bracelet by irenagasha.
- Doesn't everyone need a Tweet's Tea Time Ring by Doodlebirdie.
- And, to bring green into my office until I tackle making my own terrarium, this Small tree terrarium garden by NYCterrariums.
mushrooms by SerenityMosaics, of course.
While taking time and starting my holiday wishing and shopping, I've noticed:
- I'm enjoying shopping (this soming from one who prides herself on making it to the mall 1x a year)
- Inspiration from such talented individuals.
- remembering why we give gifts
- I really do love the holidays and feel like a kid again.
I've enjoyed sharing the holiday, handmade love. The momentum continues with Emily Myer’s Blog tomorrow. And, if you missed any posts prior to, here's the listing.
Here's to you making your own handmade holiday. Share the love...