Sunday, January 9, 2011

Baby it's cold outside

Having lived in OH, I can't believe I grumble about the cold here in MD. I just don't want to go outside when it is so chilly. The wind just gets to your bones. So today, with the Ravens* on TV (YEAH!!), fireplace a blazing, Christmas decorations packed away, I whipped up these neckwarmers for the kids. O & V are not big fans of the scarf. I think this is a wonderful alternative. So easy to make.

Days like today are for made for knitting. This yarn is beautiful and fun to work with. Just beautiful, every stitch was making me pause and smile.


Tiennie Knits had this super easy pattern on Ravelry - Ribby Neckwarmer. I went through my stash and pulled what I could find. Two criteria for yarn for this project - washable and not itchy when next to skin. I started with Oliver's and cast on 100. Knit in ribben pattern up 5.5 inches. Viv is smaller (she is 3, and O: 6). For hers, I cast on 80 and knit up 4.25 inches.



I stamped their respective names on cotton tape and sewed inside. (Stamp ink is Versacraft - washable).



*I can't believe I love watching football. A wonderful influence from my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment