Saturday, January 8, 2011

Learning New

After reading Jane Brocket's The Gentle Art of Domesticity (again), I've changed my mind about 2 things: learning to crochet and knitting socks. Before I thought, why bother? Then her words and pics inspired me so. I picked up a copy of Erika Knight's Simple Crochet. I LOVE this book and the projects.


So, armed with a crochet hook and some cotton yarn, I tackled our 7 + hour ride to western NY with the goal of learning how to make a granny square. guess what? I did it. Still learning and lots of frustration, I did it. They're not perfect but that's ok. I love changing up the colors and using my stash.

So once I caught this crochet bug, I'm a bit obsessed (typical Elizabeth-style). Came across Wisecraft's Granny square scarf - this might be the perfect project for these squares. Attic 24 has a great tutorial on joining the granny squares. I don't know how warm the cotton yarn will keep me put it sure is cheery.

Crochet is so portable. I'm loving it....now to be inspired to sew in some loose ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment