Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thrifty Goodness

I love 'floating'. My cousins - Todd and Kim along with G and Ant D would float any given Saturday or Sunday when we lived in NJ. These days I recall fondly were pre-kids and now seem a lifetime ago. We would rise early and 'float' garage to estate sale and back again. The day usually ended with a meal prepared by Uncle C who had been cooking all day. I can taste his Vodka sauce now with tomatoes from his morning run to Corrado's.

We now live in another state and we can't float as often as we once did. I'd love to plan out some floating holidays back in NJ. In the meantime, I'm looking into my own local flea market adventures.

A couple weeks ago, my friend, Colleen, and I woke early (actually our normal time) and headed out with DD coffee in hand. Our inaugural trip was to Frederick, MD. What a sweet town. Very walkable and a great selection of stores.

One of my favorite spots was a Thrift store. Found this great house coat, hoping to re-purpose the flannel fabric.

floral housecoat house coat label
I'm thinking a skirt for V or a bag. Don't you love vintage labels? I do.

Will share pics of other finds later. I see a return trip to Frederick in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment