Friday, January 15, 2010

Spring Fever

Yesterday we saw the sun and it was wonderful. The last couple weeks, like most of the East Coast, have been chilly plus wind. There has been little to none going outside. Although it was mid 40's you'd think it was a heat wave. We walked to pick up O from school and even wore Viv's spring purple coat. Although we're still hoping for another snowstorm, we filled our lungs with the fresh air.

Spring was peeking in from many places. At AC Moore, they had a gardening book I've read and LOVED on Clearance for $5 -
The Way We Garden Now by Katherine Whiteside. I'm drawn to this book for the do-able projects but the illustrations by Peter Gergely are just beautiful. I'm a big fan of watercolor and pen drawings. The fresh illustrations remind me of Sujean Rim, illustrator for Daily Candy. On days when we see more gloom than sun, these illustrations make me so happy. After a week of grumbles on not-so-happy news, I'm finding myself getting lost in these images, enjoying winter while looking forward to spring and escaping.

Take a peek.


K. watercolor




No comments:

Post a Comment