Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend plus one

Farm Chicks Kitchen book in pie


Today is one of those days when you want it to last forever. Had croissants from Trader Joes - we pretended they were from France because they tasted SO good. I've been taking notes from The Farm Chicks in the Kitchen. I love their vintage style adapted to our real days. I am looking forward to some flea market excursions come spring. I want to bring their energy to the East coast. I just need to find it. In the meantime, I am jotting down items to look for - Tv trays, paint-by-number sets, creamers with lids, wooden blocks. I have a tendency to 'freeze' and get overwhelmed when at a flea market or antique store. I'm getting ready mentally.

The gardening catalogs are coming and I am thinking ahead. I've been noting where the sun hits (the most) during the day. I am hoping for a raised bed big enough for some veggies - asparagus, potatoes. I can't wait. Gayla Trail from You Grow Girl is coming out with another book - Grow Great Grub.

G is at work. The kids and I have had a lazy morning (still in pjs). One the agenda: making paper via kit, knitting, blog learning and garden daydreaming and planning.

The Ravens loss brought on the tears in O. As I write, he is trying to teach V (age 2) how to tackle and she's rolling with it. Perhaps this is my time to intervene.

1 comment:

  1. Getting seed catalogs in January is a cruel and wonderful thing, isn't it? On one hand, there's planning to do. On the other hand, it's... January... Best of luck as you make your plans.

    Kristina
    Sweetfern Handmade

    ReplyDelete